EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Hard Lemonade Experiment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It won't hurt your lemonade because when the yeast is growing it gets intothe billions in your beverage. I think adding a few thousand won't hurt.I let mine clarify for 2 to 3 days. That is just me though. I clarify mydrink, then transfer it to another container so that I can start anotherbatch right away. Your yeast should be good for a long time if you keep itin the fridge.At 04:06 PM 4/17/2004 +0000, you wrote:>I haven't thought of doing that, and I just put another dose of>yeast in being impatient like I always am. If I don't get any>results my way do you think it would hurt the lemonade to put>a "starter" in plus the 2 double doses of yeast? I don't wanna>waste all my yeast, I know it's kinda reuseable, but I don't want it>to take off and be really strong. One more question, how long>should I let it clarify to "reclaim" the most yeast from the mix?>>>--- Steve wrote:> > If you are interested in speeding up the process without> > using all your yeast I recommend that you make a yeast "starter">by adding a> > dose or two of yeast to a 1/4 cup of tepid water with 1 or tsp of>sugar.> > Let that sit for an hour before adding to the EZ Caps yeast. The>yeast will> > multiply a few (million?) times, giving you a good head start.> > It's also a good technique to use for beginning difficult>fermentations like> > citrus juices.> >> >> >> >> > At 12:51 PM 4/17/2004 +0000, you wrote:> > >After about four days the Lemonade hasn't started fermenting>really> > >well yet. I just put some orange juice concentrate in it last>night> > >and it feels a little bit more pressurized this morning. Weird.>If> > >it doesn't get better by tomorrow I will put another dose of yeast> > >in it and see what happens. Just giving an update, any ideas on>how> > >to speed it up I would appreciate though>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve