EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: How long can it stay?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--- "gastonmerrill" wrote:> After I make any type of wine how long does it stay good for? Does> it improve with age like other wines? If it can stay what is the> proper way to store it>> CodyI started to bottle some of mine in 22oz beer bottles.Aftera month they all became dry and extremely over carbonated.Theywill continue to ferment even in the fridge at 45deg.The fermentingis far slower but it still takes place. I have opened bottles after2 weeks and they did not change. They were very clear though. Agingof wines generally helps red wines. And this is at aroung 60deg.Ifyour bottles still have some unfermented sugar in them you wouldhave exploding bottles at that temp. Your better off storing inclean 2L bottles and vent them every now and then. That is what Iplan on doing. Even doing that your beverages will become dryerover time. I have noticed that very dry beverages can have someharsh after tastes. Not always but it has happened with mine. Bestbet is to age them until perfectly clear (will not happen withunfiltered juice) and enjoy.ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn