EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: new-question about transferring to clay jars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--- "GODDESS FARAH" wrote:> I purchased some reproduction hand made clay wine jars recently todo> a re enactment---I want to make an ancient style beverage. I> wondered if anyone has any thoughts on the transferring of the wine> to a clay jar after fermentation (then sealing it with a corkstopper> and perhaps wax)?>> I certainly don't want shards of amphora exploading all over the> place...and I dont mind if the thing goes flat. LOL>> Any comments, ideas, or recipes are extremely welcome.>> FarahYou could let it go completely flat but their still could be aproblem. If their is still any unfermented sugar in the beverageand you seal the bottle it will build pressure again. Even at40 to 45 deg. I had some beverages that I put into 22oz beerbottles. They werer in a fridge at 45 deg for 30 days. When Iopened them they were under large amounts of pressure and hadto be bleed slowly. Even at that I lost 1/3 of the bottle andall the sediments were stired up. Kind of frusttating when youwait all that time to clarify your drink and that happens. Evenat 45 deg fermentation takes place. Very, very slowly but it doestake place. I now use 33.8oz soda bottles to store my wines.Every week or so I bleed off any gas that has started to build up.ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn