EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: ""yeasty"" flavor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--- therockinc@y... wrote:> My first beverage just finished fermenting. I got impatient dring> clarification and drank some as soon as it was cold. it tastedgood> but I noticed the distinct flavor of the yeast. My question is:> Does this go away after clarification or will all of mine have this> flavor? If so i can live with it I'd just rather not have that> yeasty taste.The cloudy color in the beverage is suspended yeastcells. Like Steve said. Once the beverage clearsmost (there still might be a faint hint of yeastflavor)of the yeast taste will go away. I put my2L bottles in the fridge for 2 or 3 days. Then transferthe drink ( I like getting the beverage off the lees(sediment) as soon as possible) into smaller plasicsoda bottles for 10 days. This produces perfectlyclear drinks that look great when you serve them.The taste is awesome to. If your use to drinkingcommercial wines and beers you will notice even theslight bit of yeast taste. That is because thosebeverages are filterd and all the yeast cells areremoved. Even vintage wines are filtered to preventany more fermenting from taking place in the corkedbottle. Try drinking a bottled conditioned ale(Like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) and you will notice ahint of yeast taste. If you don't like any yeast tastethen natural alcoholic beverages might not be yourcup of tea:-)ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn