EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: ""yeasty"" flavor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't mind a slight hint of yeast taste (sierra nevada happens tobe one of my favorite beers) it's just mine was so strong. I'll letmy next batch clarify before drinking. I was just concerned to seeif my first batch worked. quick question though: I'm wanting toserve this to some friends and i'm not sure if they'll detect thetaste after clarifying or not, do you think if i poured it throughone of those brita pitchers it would filter out all of the yeast andif it did would it filter out good parts of the beverage?--- "ramjammn" wrote:> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, therockinc@y... wrote:> > My first beverage just finished fermenting. I got impatientdring> > clarification and drank some as soon as it was cold. it tasted> good> > but I noticed the distinct flavor of the yeast. My questionis:> > Does this go away after clarification or will all of mine havethis> > flavor? If so i can live with it I'd just rather not have that> > yeasty taste.>> The cloudy color in the beverage is suspended yeast> cells. Like Steve said. Once the beverage clears> most (there still might be a faint hint of yeast> flavor)of the yeast taste will go away. I put my> 2L bottles in the fridge for 2 or 3 days. Then transfer> the drink ( I like getting the beverage off the lees> (sediment) as soon as possible) into smaller plasic> soda bottles for 10 days. This produces perfectly> clear drinks that look great when you serve them.> The taste is awesome to. If your use to drinking> commercial wines and beers you will notice even the> slight bit of yeast taste. That is because those> beverages are filterd and all the yeast cells are> removed. Even vintage wines are filtered to prevent> any more fermenting from taking place in the corked> bottle. Try drinking a bottled conditioned ale> (Like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) and you will notice a> hint of yeast taste. If you don't like any yeast taste> then natural alcoholic beverages might not be your> cup of tea:-)ORGINAL POSTER: therockinc