EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: ""yeasty"" flavor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--- therockinc@y... wrote:> I've been trying to run mine through a coffee filter like you> suggested but it's extremely slow going. I placed a funnel on my> second bottle, placed coffee filter into funnel, poured beverage> into filter. After about 10 seconds it goes from a steady pour toa> slow drip. what am I doing wrong?>Debris is building up in the filter. That slows the flow.Keep replacing filter every pint or so. Why don't you tryjust leaving your drink in the fridge for a week and tryit. Most of the yeast taste will be gone. Seems a lot easierthan what your going through.> > > > The cloudy color in the beverage is suspended yeast> > > > cells. Like Steve said. Once the beverage clears> > > > most (there still might be a faint hint of yeast> > > > flavor)of the yeast taste will go away. I put my> > > > 2L bottles in the fridge for 2 or 3 days. Then transfer> > > > the drink ( I like getting the beverage off the lees> > > > (sediment) as soon as possible) into smaller plasic> > > > soda bottles for 10 days. This produces perfectly> > > > clear drinks that look great when you serve them.> > > > The taste is awesome to. If your use to drinking> > > > commercial wines and beers you will notice even the> > > > slight bit of yeast taste. That is because those> > > > beverages are filterd and all the yeast cells are> > > > removed. Even vintage wines are filtered to prevent> > > > any more fermenting from taking place in the corked> > > > bottle. Try drinking a bottled conditioned ale> > > > (Like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale) and you will notice a> > > > hint of yeast taste. If you don't like any yeast taste> > > > then natural alcoholic beverages might not be your> > > > cup of tea:-)> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >Yahoo! Groups Links> > >> > >> > >> > >ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn