EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: ""yeasty"" flavor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--- therockinc@y... wrote:> I'm not really the reason i'm trying to get rid of the yeasty> flavor, I want to share this with my friends but I allowed a fewto> taste my first batch after it had been in the fridge for a coupleof> days and their faces made my skin crawl. this second batch seemsto> be a lot better though. I let it clarify longer and I'm gonna> clarify it a second time now that I've run it through a filter.How much yeast did you use? Again, people that are use to drinkingcommercial drinks will notice yeast flavor more than a person wholikes natural bottled conditioned ales and beers. Just put yourbottles in the fridge for 3 days. Then gently pour into anotherclean soda bottle. If you do it right you will get most of the drinkout of the primary bottle leaving a few ounces at the most behind.All of the lees (sediment) will remain in the old bottle. Thenput the secondary bottles in the fridge for 8 to 10 days. The amountof yeast flavor is very slight at this point. The amount that ispresent compliments the overall flavor of the drink in my opinion.ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn