EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: carbonation..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--- "hottiebren" wrote:> I have only so far made 2 things of wine with ez caps, but I have> noticed that both have been extremely carbonated.. is there anyway> to reduce this? the carbonation is so bad that its like I am> drinking a grape soda.. any ideas? thanksAfter the second day of fermentation start to bleed the bottles ofexcessive carbonation. Do it twice a day at first. Then once a dayfor the duration. I open the cap until a good hiss of gas escapesfor about 3-5 seconds. I also think this speeds up fermentation.Sometimes after the fourth or fifth day I will bleed my bottles allthe way down. Then put the cap back on again. This is also a goodtime to taste the beverage to see how it's coming along. When mybeverages are done their is only a very light amount of carbonationpresent. You could also leave the cab lose when you put the drink inthe fridge to clarify. It will eventually go flat.ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn