EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Clearing product for wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After fermentation is complete, you can rack it off to another vessel, I use a U shaped syphon tube to prevent any carry over of the dregs from the bottom of the bin, An alternative is to decant it straight into bottles,2 pairs of hands are useful. Use a clear syphon tube to see what is coming over, gently tilt the bin as you near the bottom. As soon as you see any carry over, stop the process. Store the bottles upright in your fridge, this will also help to clarify the wine. Once clear, you should decant to the final product. I hope this helps. Regards Alan Robinsonxray4545 wrote: Hello to everyone, I just started my first ever batch of wine using EZ Caps. I was wondering what type of clearing agent can be used after fermentation and you want clearer wine. Are campden tablets good or is there something easier or better? When can the clearing agent be added? Thanks to all. RayALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!ORGINAL POSTER: alan