EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] How does Ez Caps work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The wonder wine kit contains no sugar, the recipe is entirelydependant on how much you add. If you add more sugar to one bottle, itwill take longer to ferment. There is nothing wrong with using a wonderwine kit, the end product doesn't taste bad, but it DOES take a long timefinish fermentation. Following their instructions seems to always end up adrink sweeter than I expected. I recommend adding some real fruit juice(apple, grape, whatever) to their kit to make a better tasting and betterfermented beverage. Even a little bit of juice, like a 1/2 cup, will addsome much-need nutrients for the yeast to dine on.The yeast that comes with EZ Caps is specially formulated for aquick and clean fermentation to high alcohol percentage. Used side-by-sidewith other yeasts it generally outperforms them all. I've experimentedwith EVEN FASTER yeasts like turbo yeasts and although they areunbelievably quick (ie complete fermentation in 24 hours) the flavor of thebeverage using such yeasts is just terrible.At 02:04 AM 11/12/2004 +0000, you wrote:>Hello to all,> I was curious, I started making my wine using wonder wine. It>gives you everything you need to make wine but it takes anywhere from>six to eight weeks. I understand how the caps themselves work but how>does it ferment faster or seem to than others? I am making wonder>wine the same way with the plastic on top to make "still" wine. The>Ez caps wine taste's like it has just as much alcohol content and it>has been only brewing for 4 days. Is it because there is more yeast>than sugar? I put one cup of sugar to the bottle and two 1/8th tsp>yeast and in the wonder wine I put 4 1/2 cups sugar to 1/2 tsp yeast.>The wonder wine had no sugar in it to begin with?> Just curious as to why EZ Caps seem to brew faster.>Thanks to all.>Sorry for the long post>>>>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve