EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Quick booze for turkey day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a cran-apple cider with no sugar for Turkey Day and it came outquite good. It fermented for approx. 3-days before we drank it. Thehydrometer read ~2.5% alcohol (the bubbles created during carbonationcould also screw up the density/alcohol percentage reading).Thanks for the advice!--- Steve wrote:> I would go for a straight hard cider or a cran-apple cider.Don't> add ANY sugar and expect alcohol in the 4-6% range. You can shorten> fermentation time by putting the drink someplace warm, like on top of a> water heater or into a cooler that you've placed other bottles withhot tap> water. Good luck and let us know how it turns out and what yourhydrometer> says.>> At 11:06 AM 11/21/2004 +0000, you wrote:>>> >Which concoction ferments in the shortest amount of time? i'm looking> >to prepare something to be ready in 2-3days (by thanksgiving Big Grin ). Do> >I need something with lots of sugar, less sugar? What percent alcohol> >could i expect in this short amount of time? I can verify w/ my> >hydrometer> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Yahoo! Groups Links> >> >> >> >ORGINAL POSTER: robert