EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Filter and Recipes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I slowly poured my clarified brew out and got about 70% of it beforethe slug started to mix in. I let the rest sit for another day andtried again. I ended up getting 90% or better. I tried the coffeefilter and it didn't work at all. The slug clogged up the filter andwouldn't let the liquid pass.--- Ben Johnson wrote:> Thanks Adam. That's what I was going to try also. I have a batchthat's been clarifyng for 2 days I was going to transfer to adifferent bottle tonight and clarify for another day. If I have anyproblems I was thinking of trying coffee filters. And I will keepyou in mind if I find a beer recipe.>> BJ>> adamtheestimator wrote:>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "BJ" wrote:> >> > I am new to using EZCaps and have just started my first batch of> > hard cider. I have about 3-4 days of fermenting left and can'twait> > to see the end result.> >> > I have noticed a sediment on the bottom of the bottle and readin> > the instructions to carefully pour the clarfied beverage out to> > avoid getting any sediment into the final product. Does anyoneknow> > of anything I can use as a fliter to catch any sediment thatmight> > make its way out when pouring?> >> > Also, does anyone have any good recipes I can try? I am lookingfor> > anything from wine to beer to ciders. Thanks.>> BJ,>> I recently started also, and I have found that a good 24hrs> clarifying in the fridge and transfer to another container, then> repeat the process until the sediment is negligable, is the best> bet. My cider is almost as clear as the apple juice I started> with.. Good luck!>> Adam>> P.S.> I also am looking for good (& easy) beer recipes, so if anyone> reading this has any or a link to some, we would be veryappreciative!>>>>>>> ---------------------------------> Yahoo! Groups Links>> To visit your group on the web, go to:> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/E-Z-Caps/>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> E-Z-Caps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms ofService.>>>> ---------------------------------> Do you Yahoo!?> Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.ORGINAL POSTER: bj