EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] hard cider
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, theres never too much sugar, mabye you might want to do a cup and a quarter sugar next time. Did you make sure no sediments came out of the bottom of your bottle. I find if i take some of that screen door screen and put it over a funnel, and then CAREFULLY pour my EZCAPPED bottle into it it works well. The bitter taste might have been because of sediments that got in the drink. Anyhow, try the screen thing i use, add a lil more sugar and dont let it ferment so long if you dont want something w/ that much bang. Try 2 or 3 days next time. Anyhow, goodluck. DanBJ wrote: I tried the hard cider recipe that came with the EZCaps. I used an organic cider, added 1c sugar, 1/8tsp yeast, and fermented for 4 days. It is fairly strong (I am guessing 7-9% alcohol) and a little bitter. What do you think? Too much sugar? Should I have used plain apple juice instead of cider?Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Mail - now with 250MB free storage. Learn more.ORGINAL POSTER: dan