EZ Caps

Full Version: Watermellon Wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tom T. Hall, eat yer heart out!I tried making some watermellon wine a couple weeks ago for NewYear's Eve. 1 cup of sugar in a 2 liter bottle full of TropicanaTwister's Kiwi Watermellon and 1/8" tsp yeast. Didn't understandwhy, after a couple of days, there wasn't the normal pressureassociated with fermentation.Looked at the original bottle. 10% fruit juice... my heart sank.No watermellon wine for Adam.So, I forgot about it and let it rock on with the apple cider (whichturned out excellent and clarified beautifully w/o aid of a filter)about seven days. I transferred them all after clarification and lowand behold I had Watermellon Wine!!!It was fizzy and VERY sweet which turned out to be great for my wifeand her friend (who are more into the sweet wine cooler taste). Notvery ~alcoholie~ and almost like a soft drink (which compared to thecider - it was...) it was a nice addition to my New Year'scelebration!Have a Happy One, Y'all! (new Year that is...)AdamORGINAL POSTER: adamtheestimator