EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Adding Sugar? Beware!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It does that if you try to add after the fermentation is completetoo. Adding anything to a carbonated beverage will make it erupt. The onlyway to do it is to add the sugar VERY quickly and be VERY fast getting thecap screwed on again. It takes a little practice but it does work.At 04:49 PM 1/16/2005 +0000, you wrote:>I started a batch using Welch's Grape/Raspberry juice, to which I>usually add 8 oz of sugar. While mixing, I discovered I had only 6>oz in the house. I used it, and planned to put in the remaining 2>oz of sugar the next day.>>After shopping, I carefully unscrewed the E-Z Cap and dumped in the>sugar, which caused the contents of the bottle to erupt in a geyser>of wine. Wine hit the 8 foot high cieling, and a wall 12 feet away.>>I don't know it there is a proper way to add sugar when your wine is>fermenting vigorously, but just dumping it in will cause you to>spend the next hour cleaning, and cost you about half your yummy>wine.>>SFC>>>>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve