EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Problem fermenting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chris,Since it has been sitting for a while (if you still have it or havetried again with the same results) try pouring off the "good part"until the sediment at the bottom starts making its way down to theneck of the bottle (you will lose some this way, but there will be asmaller chance of sediment and thus yeast getting into your clarified~separated batch). Then stop and clarify THAT bottle (a few hourswill do). Repeat until the fermenting slows. There will be sedimentin each pour off, but in smaller amounts. And the fermenting shouldslow respectively.I did a Welches Concord Grape batch first off, and it was sooo harshthat I had to cut it with straight juice 1 cup for every 3 cups ofwine to get it enjoyable. Grape juice seems to have more fermentableproperties than other juices.Good luck!Adam--- Chris K wrote:> It wont stop, I placed my white wine in the fridge> after 4 days. Waited 3, the wine did not clarify and> smelled extremely yeasty and tasted awful. What went wrong?>> __________________________________________________> Do You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around> http://mail.yahoo.comORGINAL POSTER: adamtheestimator