EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Bottling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll be interested to hear the suggestions as well. I have been homebrewing wine and beer for several years now and have just started experimenting with the EZcaps. I know to stop the fermentation process before clarifying the winekits you add the potassium metabisulfate and the potassium sorbate and shake the gas out...could this work? also I'm interested in knowing how to keep the carbonation once you are drinking it...would storing it in smaller bottles like I do my beer? Also wonder about filtering this? Not worth the trouble? how long will this be good for once it is completed? I started with some white grape juice and apple juice and taste tested last night-day 5-good carbonation,quite a strong yeasty smell and taste but most likely the clarifying should decrease this...not a bad first attempt but how long will 4 litres stay good? Darlene ----- Original Message ----- From: BJ To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 4:35 PM Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Bottling Be careful when bottling clarified wine if there is ANY sediment left in it. I clarified a brew then poured off and re-clarified twice. There was still a little sediment that got into the mix. I bottled it in a wine bottle with a cork and let it sit for a few days at room temp. to see if it would erupt. It didn't until I thought it was safe and layed it on my wine rack with the rest of my bottles. Then the cork gave way and created such a mess. Any suggestions what I can do to avoid this if I don't want a carbonated beverage? Thanks, BJORGINAL POSTER: darlene