EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Bottling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two great inventions to keep any carbonated beverages from goingflat are available at www.jokari.com. Under the kitchen and Bathsection look for the Fizz-Keeper "Pump Cap" or "Pump & Pour". Bothare pump tops that you screw onto the bottle and pump up to restorepressure. They can also be found in some stores, though they seemto be in very limited distribution that way.Spencer--- "Darlene Boudreau" wrote:> I'll be interested to hear the suggestions as well. I have beenhomebrewing wine and beer for several years now and have juststarted experimenting with the EZcaps. I know to stop thefermentation process before clarifying the winekits you add thepotassium metabisulfate and the potassium sorbate and shake the gasout...could this work? also I'm interested in knowing how to keepthe carbonation once you are drinking it...would storing it insmaller bottles like I do my beer? Also wonder about filtering this?Not worth the trouble? how long will this be good for once it iscompleted? I started with some white grape juice and apple juice andtaste tested last night-day 5-good carbonation,quite a strong yeastysmell and taste but most likely the clarifying should decreasethis...not a bad first attempt but how long will 4 litres stay good?DarleneORGINAL POSTER: spencercor