EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Not impressed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
> product called Green Goodness that has apple, pineapple, kiwiu and> even some brocolli in it.eeew!> I had to pour the Green Goodness concoction down the> drain as it stunk and I was concerned about my health if I drank> it.I would be too Smile> The others: first day or two produce some foam and then look> like nothing is going on unless I open the cap, then they foam up> a bit as the CO2 is released.Sounds like it was working to me.> I am all for cheap wine making> but I should think one should have wine out as an end product and> this certainly is crap wine if wine at all. Any advice?Well, it should be obvious that cheap wine making produces.... cheapwine! You're not going to win any awards with this stuff.As for your health, if you have put the yeast in and got CO2 in aday or two, that means that the yeast is working and producingalcohol - which will prevent other bacteria from taking hold. Soyou needn't be concerned about that. If its taking a long time tofinish, you might consider a closet with a space heater. Or, havepatience Smile As long as its fermenting, it won't "rot".Finally, I might question what you are expecting. Obviously, winedoes not taste like Welches + alcohol. The fermentation processchanges the taste of the fruit as well as consuming the sugar. Sowhen you use other fruits, be prepared for unexpected tastes.Patience and experimentation.ORGINAL POSTER: michael