EZ Caps

Full Version: Enough Sugar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. Got my EZ-caps kit on wed. and jumped right in starting 6different drinks experimenting with both welches concentrates and 100%juice products, all seem to be coming along great so far. Theinstructions that came with the kit reccomends 1 cup sugar in all ofit's sample recipes. That seems a little low to me for fermentationpurposes, am I going to be looking at low alcohol and/or very drybeverages? Or is 1 cup sufficient along with the various fruit juicesnatural sugars to produce a fairly high alcohol content and remainsemi-sweet?I've experimented with wine making in the past and am anxious to seehow well this method does. Does anyone have a good recipe forstrawberry and/or Watermelon wine with the EZ caps method? Findingactual strawberry or Watermelon juice on the store shelves is out ofthe question.Lastly, has anyone tried fermenting Iced tea? I'm currently tryinglemonade with some welches grape concentrate added for nutrients. Iassume I'd have to do the same with Iced tea?ORGINAL POSTER: mmadderom