EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Enough Sugar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,I have made wine from lemon ice tea which turned out quite nice.I got a carton of the ice tea and poured all of it into a gallon fermanting vessel then dissolved two pounds of suger in boiling water and added it to the tea,then added yeast nutrient and finally the yeast.After fermentation had finished I then filtered and racked it.Then bottlled and now all is gone until the next batch is ready.Cheers Andymmadderom wrote: Hi all. Got my EZ-caps kit on wed. and jumped right in starting 6 different drinks experimenting with both welches concentrates and 100% juice products, all seem to be coming along great so far. The instructions that came with the kit reccomends 1 cup sugar in all of it's sample recipes. That seems a little low to me for fermentation purposes, am I going to be looking at low alcohol and/or very dry beverages? Or is 1 cup sufficient along with the various fruit juices natural sugars to produce a fairly high alcohol content and remain semi-sweet? I've experimented with wine making in the past and am anxious to see how well this method does. Does anyone have a good recipe for strawberry and/or Watermelon wine with the EZ caps method? Finding actual strawberry or Watermelon juice on the store shelves is out of the question. Lastly, has anyone tried fermenting Iced tea? I'm currently trying lemonade with some welches grape concentrate added for nutrients. I assume I'd have to do the same with Iced tea?Andy (TRIBAL WINES) ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!ORGINAL POSTER: tribal