EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Add yeast after dissolving sugar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the response. It's about 36 hours later now and it allseems to be going fine. Pressure has built up in the bottle (to thepoint that the pressure release thing is sticking up slightly throughthe hole) and you can see the yeast foam (I don't know what it'sactually called) all on the top. All is going well!I started a second batch earlier this evening with Welch'sPeach/Apple/Grape. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited. Smile-brent--- Steve wrote:> You should be fine with what you did.>> At 04:06 AM 2/25/2005 +0000, you wrote:>>> >Hi everyone,> >I just received my e-z caps this afternoon, and I was eager to try> >them out. I had a 2 liter bottle, and a bottle of natural apple juice.> >> >I followed the directions step by step for making the hard cider, and> >thought I was all set. Then my eyes fell upon "For best results please> >read instructions on opposite page." Go figure... haha. I should have> >read it first!!> >> >Anyways, on the opposite page it says to make sure all sugar is> >dissolved before adding the yeast. I didn't do this! I had 1 cup of> >sugar sitting at the bottom of the bottle when I added the yeast. So I> >turned it over slowly and just kind of let the sugar drip into the> >liquid, and then gently rolled it around a little bit. It's not all> >dissolved but I figured at this point I shouldn't completely shake it> >or anything.> >> >My questions are:> >1) Did I ruin it by adding the yeast before dissolving the sugar?> >2) If not, should I shake it to dissolve it all?> >3) Should I just stop now and start over? haha> >> >Thanks!!!> >-brent> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Yahoo! Groups Links> >> >> >> >ORGINAL POSTER: brentnesbit