EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Question about how ez caps work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I dont think that it was the temperature, because i had a secondbottle right next to it that was fine(white grape, sugar, yeast). Ihave it about 1 foot away from our gas heater, which does go on andoff, but i dont see how it could have been above 80.. Is it possibleto have too much sugar? I think that could be it because i just re-read the directions for the beer, and it said 1/10 can of malt,water, and yeast. Well I put in malt, water, sugar, and yeast. So Iguess i shouldnt have put any sugar in at all. I'm gonna try againwith the beer tomorrow and also try this recipe i found for AppleSpice Wine that sounds awesome.--- "brentnesbit" wrote:>> I am brand new to e-z caps, and am only on my first batches alsobut> I can tell you one thing that jumped out at me from your post. Ido> know that if it is in too warm of temperature (say above 80degrees> or so) then it can "violentaly ferment" which may be what causedyour> problem. But like I said I'm brand new and just offering up what> information I have read about.>> Also an FYI... you can't ever have too much yeast (since it> multiplies anyways). So I really think your problem may have been> warmth if you think it was too high. If not I suppose you could> always have just had a defective cap?>> Ok, I will leave this for someone who knows more about it than I> do. Smile>> -brent>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Tiffany" wrote:> >> > I had a problem with one batch I made. I think it either got too> > warm, had too much yeast, or too much sugar. Anyways the ez cap> > bulged and split, and the co2 was violently leaking out the top,> and> > when the liquid bubbled up, it started coming out of the centerof> > the ez cap too. Luckily i was able to plug it up and get itoutside> > before it got all over the place. And it had only been 24 hours> > since I started it. I thought the ez cap was supposed to ventthe> > co2, so why would this happen? It says in the directions it is> > normal to look bulged out and split, but mine actually cracked a> > hole in it. I'm a little confused because I have read postsabout> > letting excess co2 out of the bottle. When should you let excess> co2> > out?> >> > The wines that I have enjoyed have no carbonation. How do youmake> a> > non-carbonated beverage with ez caps? Thanks for help SmileORGINAL POSTER: tiffany