EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Question about how ez caps work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am brand new to e-z caps, and am only on my first batches also butI can tell you one thing that jumped out at me from your post. I doknow that if it is in too warm of temperature (say above 80 degreesor so) then it can "violentaly ferment" which may be what caused yourproblem. But like I said I'm brand new and just offering up whatinformation I have read about.Also an FYI... you can't ever have too much yeast (since itmultiplies anyways). So I really think your problem may have beenwarmth if you think it was too high. If not I suppose you couldalways have just had a defective cap?Ok, I will leave this for someone who knows more about it than Ido. Smile-brent--- "Tiffany" wrote:>> I had a problem with one batch I made. I think it either got too> warm, had too much yeast, or too much sugar. Anyways the ez cap> bulged and split, and the co2 was violently leaking out the top,and> when the liquid bubbled up, it started coming out of the center of> the ez cap too. Luckily i was able to plug it up and get it outside> before it got all over the place. And it had only been 24 hours> since I started it. I thought the ez cap was supposed to vent the> co2, so why would this happen? It says in the directions it is> normal to look bulged out and split, but mine actually cracked a> hole in it. I'm a little confused because I have read posts about> letting excess co2 out of the bottle. When should you let excessco2> out?>> The wines that I have enjoyed have no carbonation. How do you makea> non-carbonated beverage with ez caps? Thanks for help SmileORGINAL POSTER: brentnesbit