EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Enough Sugar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--- "mmadderom" wrote:>> Hi all. Got my EZ-caps kit on wed. and jumped right in starting 6> different drinks experimenting with both welches concentrates and100%> juice products, all seem to be coming along great so far. The> instructions that came with the kit reccomends 1 cup sugar in all of> it's sample recipes. That seems a little low to me for fermentation> purposes, am I going to be looking at low alcohol and/or very dry> beverages? Or is 1 cup sufficient along with the various fruitjuices> natural sugars to produce a fairly high alcohol content and remain> semi-sweet?>> I've experimented with wine making in the past and am anxious to see> how well this method does. Does anyone have a good recipe for> strawberry and/or Watermelon wine with the EZ caps method? Finding> actual strawberry or Watermelon juice on the store shelves is out of> the question.>> Lastly, has anyone tried fermenting Iced tea? I'm currently trying> lemonade with some welches grape concentrate added for nutrients. I> assume I'd have to do the same with Iced tea?I normally keep my sugar at 1/2 to 1cup.ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn