EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Wonder Wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
----- Original Message -----From: "minnion40" To: Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:06 PMSubject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Wonder Wine>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "mmadderom" > wrote:> >> > I received a cherry wonder wine kit the same day as my EZ caps. Has> > anyone experimeted with them? Looked like a package of Kool-aid to> me> > so I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I did ad some welches> > concentrate for nutrients because I just can't see that stuff> > fermenting well on it's own.> >> > The EZ caps yeast says it ferments much faster than the wonder wine> > says it does and much faster than any wine I've made in the> past...is> > the EZ caps yeast some sort of fast-reacting yeast? and could it be> > used just as well in a traditional wine making setup or is it> designed> > specifically for small batches fermented quickly?>>> I just got my ez caps and havent had time to try them yet.> But wonder wine takes forever . I have been making beer for> a few years just started the wine thing> good luckActually the 6 weeks or so for wonder wine is quite fast, another reason I'mskeptical about how this "Kool-aid" could produce a drinkable product soquickly, as a good table wine can take over 6 months to properly produce andanother 6 months before it is drinkable. I used the yeast that came with thewonder wine...probably should have used the EZcaps yeast.I've now been thru my 1st batches of EZ caps and am quite impressed. I wasexpecting something along the lines of "boones farm" or "mad dog 20/20" andinstead ended up with a far more drinkable beverage. The Welches whitegrape-peach concentrate produced a drink that favorably rivaled a $12/bottlecommercial wine we tasted at a local winery recently and was ready to drinkin less than two weeks! (10 days fementing, 3 days clearing) Also did anapple cider, a pear cider, a cranberry juice, and an iced tea. The ciderswere drinkable, but nothing special. I hope to find a recipe to producebetter. The cranberry juice was quite sweet and retained the integrity ofthe cranberry taste, perfect for the wife. The tea was too sweet, I probablyshould have used less sugar and/or fermented longer than 7 days I used 2 1/2cups of sugar in a 2 liter bottle...currently trying again with 1 1/2 cups.Additionally I'm experimenting with a concentrated juice mix (I've beenwarned they don't turn out well) and a concoction of my own consisting of ahalf bottle of 7-up, 1 cup apple juice, 1 cup sugar, and remainderwater...I'll let everyone know how that turns out ;-)Theoretically, I suppose you *should* be able to ferment a straightsugar-water solution. has anyone tried this? I'm not sure without addednutrients how well it might ferment.ORGINAL POSTER: justforfun69