EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Howdy, I made my first batch and have a few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
theres 2 good ways to knock down mead sweetness that iknow of, non ez-cap and ez-cap1. use a carboy to ferment in and use merlot yeast,then let it sit for 6months.2. get a big pot and cookup 4 liters at a time (2 maywork but i've always done 4). disolve the honey inboiling water, i use 2.5 cups. add 2 maybe 3 tea bags(any type). i let the tea bags sit for a few minutesthen take them out. let it all cool to a good temp foradding yeast. pour it in your bottles, add the yeastand let it sit for 10-12 days (honey ferments slowerthan regular sugar). it will have a bit of a tea tastebut will not be as sweet. i like it, great summerdrink. give it a shot. if you come up with a diffrentidea, let me know, i like to expieriment.--- moartes73 wrote:>> Ive made lots of beer from other kits. I usually> give away more than> I drink. I was wondering how people bottle the ez> caps way?>> Do you use conventional bottling methods?>> Can I use the excess mason type jars from my wifes> canning? (Provided> she lets me *sneaks* )>> I made the mead first and its a bit sweet for my> tastes. Is there a> way to knock off some of the sweetness? Will less> sugar make it less> sweet?>>> I will say this tho, I loove the product. These caps> are great and I> will be giving them away as gifts to friends.>>>>"I still do not grasp the very concept of religion. What purpose does it serve?It seems an imaginary incentive designed to control societal-scale behavior" -Ominus__________________________________Do you Yahoo!?Make Yahoo! your home pagehttp://www.yahoo.com/r/hsORGINAL POSTER: adam