EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
> It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache.I really don't think that is it. It's not the same type of ache assimply drinking too much. Besides, I could get a much higheralcohol content drinking a few shots of any hard liquor and notexperience the stomach ache. Like I said, I only had the problemwith one batch. I made two bottles with the same juice on the sameday, and one was fine, the other was not. I could be wrong, but Ireally don't believe a slightly higher alcohol content then beerwould be causing the problem. Even an alcohol content of 15% isn'tmuch higher than any wine you would by off the shelf, and I havenever had any problem with any other wine. To me, logic dictatesthat it must be a sanitation, or bacterial problem; that is the onlyvariable that makes sense. Although, you might expect off odors, ora foul taste if that was the case. Again, I don't know, but I don'tthink it's an alcohol issue, at least not for me. Just my opinionthough, and I appreciate the help.--- wrote:> It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache. If you aregenerally a> beer or mixed drink drinker the % of alcohol is more than yourbody is used> to. I'd suggest fermenting a couple of days fewer.>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "tinyjefferson" > To: > Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:06 PM> Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?>>> > I've made probably 9 or 10 total batches and had no trouble.> > However, on one of my last batches, I had the exact same trouble.> > It was with a tropical fruit mix (mainly a citrus mix). I madetwo> > batches exactly the same way; one was great, and the other gaveme> > the same stomach issues you described. Again, I had never hadany> > other trouble up to that point and haven't since. I don't knowif> > the batch was contaminated? I just diposed of that particular> > batch. If anyone has any ideas I would be curious to hear them> > also. The full feeling and the sharp ache in my upper stomachmade> > me wonder if it was a CO2 issue. I don't know, I'm a civil> > engineer, not a doctor Smile> >> >> > --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, Chris K wrote:> > > Depends on your average handling of alcohol. I know I> > > am quite intolerant and have a bit of trouble with> > > some alcohols. The fact you get a "fuller" feeling is> > > probably because of the types of juices used. I know> > > with the red wine I have made it tends to have a> > > fuller body to it than others. The white has the> > > least.> > >> > > > cannot help but notice that they seem to be> > > > extremely hard on my stomach?> > > >> > > > Has anyone else experienced this?ORGINAL POSTER: tinyjefferson