EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is interesting. Does she have that problem with alcohol ingeneral, or just the homemade wine?--- wrote:> Yes, if it was a sanitation/bacterial problem you would almostdefinately> have foul odor and off taste. If the odor and taste of the twobatches was> near identical I think you can rule this one out.>> Is it possible you didn't clear the "bad" batch long enough andperhaps> consumed a substantial amount of yeast and/or sediment?>> The reason I thought it was alcohol content is if I ferment abatch fully> (15-18%) my wife reports problems exactly as you described while Ihave no> such problem. If I ferment the same juice to 10-12% she no longer> experiences the problem either. This has been the case on everyjuice I've> used other than Apple so I can only conclude the higher alcoholcontent is> the cause of her problem which she describes almost identically toyours.>>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "tinyjefferson" > To: > Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 3:51 PM> Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?>>> > > It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache.> >> > I really don't think that is it. It's not the same type of acheas> > simply drinking too much. Besides, I could get a much higher> > alcohol content drinking a few shots of any hard liquor and not> > experience the stomach ache. Like I said, I only had the problem> > with one batch. I made two bottles with the same juice on thesame> > day, and one was fine, the other was not. I could be wrong, butI> > really don't believe a slightly higher alcohol content then beer> > would be causing the problem. Even an alcohol content of 15%isn't> > much higher than any wine you would by off the shelf, and I have> > never had any problem with any other wine. To me, logic dictates> > that it must be a sanitation, or bacterial problem; that is theonly> > variable that makes sense. Although, you might expect offodors, or> > a foul taste if that was the case. Again, I don't know, but Idon't> > think it's an alcohol issue, at least not for me. Just myopinion> > though, and I appreciate the help.> >> >> > --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, wrote:> > > It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache. If you are> > generally a> > > beer or mixed drink drinker the % of alcohol is more than your> > body is used> > > to. I'd suggest fermenting a couple of days fewer.> > >> > > ----- Original Message -----> > > From: "tinyjefferson" > > > To: