EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
She has no problem with alcohol in general Though she doesn't drink often,when she does she rarely has any stomach issue...other than the home madewine.----- Original Message -----From: "tinyjefferson" To: Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 4:50 PMSubject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?> That is interesting. Does she have that problem with alcohol in> general, or just the homemade wine?>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, wrote:> > Yes, if it was a sanitation/bacterial problem you would almost> definately> > have foul odor and off taste. If the odor and taste of the two> batches was> > near identical I think you can rule this one out.> >> > Is it possible you didn't clear the "bad" batch long enough and> perhaps> > consumed a substantial amount of yeast and/or sediment?> >> > The reason I thought it was alcohol content is if I ferment a> batch fully> > (15-18%) my wife reports problems exactly as you described while I> have no> > such problem. If I ferment the same juice to 10-12% she no longer> > experiences the problem either. This has been the case on every> juice I've> > used other than Apple so I can only conclude the higher alcohol> content is> > the cause of her problem which she describes almost identically to> yours.> >> >> > ----- Original Message -----> > From: "tinyjefferson" > > To: > > Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 3:51 PM> > Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?> >> >> > > > It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache.> > >> > > I really don't think that is it. It's not the same type of ache> as> > > simply drinking too much. Besides, I could get a much higher> > > alcohol content drinking a few shots of any hard liquor and not> > > experience the stomach ache. Like I said, I only had the problem> > > with one batch. I made two bottles with the same juice on the> same> > > day, and one was fine, the other was not. I could be wrong, but> I> > > really don't believe a slightly higher alcohol content then beer> > > would be causing the problem. Even an alcohol content of 15%> isn't> > > much higher than any wine you would by off the shelf, and I have> > > never had any problem with any other wine. To me, logic dictates> > > that it must be a sanitation, or bacterial problem; that is the> only> > > variable that makes sense. Although, you might expect off> odors, or> > > a foul taste iORGINAL POSTER: justforfun69