EZ Caps

Full Version: RE: Taste...Stomach Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I generally have a high alcohol tolerance and can stomach hard liquorwithout any problems but I too have experienced this pain phenomenon.I believe it has to do with the sanitation involved with the process.When your fermentation vessel (2-liter bottle) is not properlysterilized, bacteria can grow which can cause your stomach to hurt. Ihave been taught by a pretty good home brewer and he says that one ofthe major reasons good batches go bad is due to sanitation issues.You won't necessarily be able to notice an off taste, since thebacteria is in competition with yeast for nutrients, but it is likelythat they can create a biproduct that would cause your stomach grief.If you leave it in the fridge for a while after clarification (maybea month or two) it would most likely develop the off tastes andprobably be a bad batch, where properly sanitized and fermented winecan last for years.ORGINAL POSTER: internationallog