EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, the sugar has to be disolved in the water. Shaking the bottle certainlywill achieve that. I typically give my bottles a little shake every day,though I have no idea if that is of any help to the process.You don't need to add more yeast to obtain a higher alcohol content. Yeastmultiplies exponentially as long as it can feed. For higher alcohol contentyou simply have to give it more time to ferment regardless of how much yeastyou use in the beginning. You'll also need to have enough sugar to createthe higher alc. content. The yeast consumes the sugar and the "Waste" thatresults is Alcohol so the alc content will continue to increase as long asthe yeast has sugar to consume, up to the yeasts tolerance level (The pointwhere the alcohol content is high enough to kill all the yeast). That istypically 15-18% alcohol. Some yeasts have higher tolerance levels, but youprobably wouldn't want to use them with EZ caps. With the EZ caps and propersetting, my experience is generally 7-10 days of fermenting will achievemaximum Alcohol sitting on a heating pad set to low and out of direct sunlight. It will take longer in less ideal circumstances.I always fully tighten the EZ caps to allow them to do their job properly.The slit in the center is designed to release CO2 at the correct pressure. Iwould think that leaving the cap loose would counteract that.----- Original Message -----From: "Steve" To: Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:21 PMSubject: [E-Z-Caps] Questions> Hi all I just got my kit the other day and made my first batch this> weekend the instuctions are good but I do have a couple of questions> for those of you who are well seasoned at making things with E-Z Caps> first do you need to shake the bottel after adding the sugar and yeast> or anytime during the 7 days? Second it says if I want to make it a> higher alchol content to add more yeast so how much and how much> longer should it stay at room temp. And do you screw on the bottle cap> thight or leave it a little loose? And one last question when I need> more yeast what kind do I get and where can I get more?> Thanks in advance> Steve>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: justforfun69