EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you very much your information has been extremley helpful.Steve--- wrote:> Yes, the sugar has to be disolved in the water. Shaking the bottlecertainly> will achieve that. I typically give my bottles a little shake every day,> though I have no idea if that is of any help to the process.>> You don't need to add more yeast to obtain a higher alcohol content.Yeast> multiplies exponentially as long as it can feed. For higher alcoholcontent> you simply have to give it more time to ferment regardless of howmuch yeast> you use in the beginning. You'll also need to have enough sugar tocreate> the higher alc. content. The yeast consumes the sugar and the"Waste" that> results is Alcohol so the alc content will continue to increase aslong as> the yeast has sugar to consume, up to the yeasts tolerance level(The point> where the alcohol content is high enough to kill all the yeast). That is> typically 15-18% alcohol. Some yeasts have higher tolerance levels,but you> probably wouldn't want to use them with EZ caps. With the EZ capsand proper> setting, my experience is generally 7-10 days of fermenting will achieve> maximum Alcohol sitting on a heating pad set to low and out ofdirect sun> light. It will take longer in less ideal circumstances.>> I always fully tighten the EZ caps to allow them to do their jobproperly.> The slit in the center is designed to release CO2 at the correctpressure. I> would think that leaving the cap loose would counteract that.>>> ----- Original Message -----> From: "Steve" > To: > Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:21 PM> Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Questions>>> > Hi all I just got my kit the other day and made my first batch this> > weekend the instuctions are good but I do have a couple of questions> > for those of you who are well seasoned at making things with E-Z Caps> > first do you need to shake the bottel after adding the sugar and yeast> > or anytime during the 7 days? Second it says if I want to make it a> > higher alchol content to add more yeast so how much and how much> > longer should it stay at room temp. And do you screw on the bottle cap> > thight or leave it a little loose? And one last question when I need> > more yeast what kind do I get and where can I get more?> > Thanks in advance> > Steve> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Yahoo! Groups Links> >> >> >> >> >> >> >ORGINAL POSTER: steve