EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Digest Number 220
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Tue, August 2, 2005 9:28, E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com said:> Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:52:27 -0000> From: "Chase Masters" > Subject: Mead>> could someone post a good recipe for mead using the ez caps? i've never> had it before and> am interested in making some!>> thanks!>> ChaseMead can take a while to brew normally, but a 'melomel' or fruity meadshould work fine. If you use apple juice, it's called cyser. The typicalrecipe for mead uses 3-4#'s of honey per gallon, so a 2l bottle should useabout 2 pounds.Pour the honey into the sterile bottle, add 100% fruit juice fromconcentrate (thawed to room temps and NO PRESERVATIVES!) Add spring waterto fill the bottle. Put the normal cap on the bottle and shake it upuntil the honey and juice are mixed into the water. Uncap the bottle,toss the yeast and follow the rest of the directions to make wine.I haven't tried this yet as I plan on ordering the EZ Caps next Fridaywhen I get paid next. Then I plan on making 5 gallons of cran-blueberrymelomel.Enjoy, and let me know if this works. At this point, it's just theory. WinkErikORGINAL POSTER: erik