EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Digest Number 222
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If the yeast has consumed all the sugar or the alcohol % got highenough to kill the yeast, you have nothing to worry about. After the wineclarifies in the fridge, pour it into another container being careful notto disturb the sediment in the original bottle. If the yeast is stillalive it may start fermenting again. If this happens you need to eitherleave the ez cap on the bottle, or periodically open the bottle to let thegasses escape. I've seen bottles with regular caps on for days in a warmroom without bursting but there is never a guarantee.As far as a campdem tablet's flavor, I don't know. I've neveradded chemicals to my wines.At 08:36 AM 8/26/2005 -0400, you wrote:>What sort of effect will the chemicals have on the taste of the wine?>I also am planning on taking some of mine on a upcoming trip and will>not be able to keep it refridgerated. I am new to all of this and my>first 3 bottles will be ready this weekend. Any other helpful tips>would be greatly appreciated also. Thanks!>>Tammy>> >> > Message: 2> > Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:31:13 -0800> > From: Steve > > Subject: Re: Stopping fermentation> >> > Yes, a campdem tablet will work fine, but you'll be adding> > chemicals to your brew> >> > At 05:42 AM 8/25/2005 +0000, you wrote:> > >I know the instructions say to put it in the fridge, but that seems> > >like a short term stop. If I add a campden tablet to my cider/wine,> > >will that stop the yeast to the point that I can glass bootle my> > >beverage and store at room temp, without making a glass grenade?> > >> > >I would like to be able to take my beverage on camping trips and to> > >give to friends without wasting or endangering anything.> > >> > >Willum>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve