EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Stopping fermentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished my first batch, 2 liters of a 3 day "hot" 2day "cold" brew apple cider using the champaign yeast. Afterclearing in the fridge, I siphoned it off into another bottle andtasted it. Tastes great, very sweet, very little kick (what was Iexpecting for 3 days!) I crushed 1/4 of a campden tablet and addedit to the cider. I let it absorb for a 1/2 hour of so...the sulfitedoesnt change the flavor at all. i'll keep you posted on if thisactually stops the fermentation or not.Willum--- Steve wrote:> Yes, a campdem tablet will work fine, but you'll be adding> chemicals to your brew>> At 05:42 AM 8/25/2005 +0000, you wrote:> >I know the instructions say to put it in the fridge, but that seems> >like a short term stop. If I add a campden tablet to mycider/wine,> >will that stop the yeast to the point that I can glass bootle my> >beverage and store at room temp, without making a glass grenade?> >> >I would like to be able to take my beverage on camping trips and to> >give to friends without wasting or endangering anything.> >> >Willum> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >Yahoo! Groups Links> >> >> >> >ORGINAL POSTER: willum