EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] SAKI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Craig, Very adventurous.To make sake, its little more complex as the yeast used is very different.I've seen a type of organic ""sweet rice"" available at health shop which may be the ideal rice type. I think the rice mash would benefit from some dried corn syrup, honey and then bottled, E-Z cap + yeast.I usually do a yeast starter first, ensuring that the yeast is robust and doing its job before I pitch in. (Yeast from E-Z Caps or harvested from commercially bottled beer). Cheers.Craig wrote: Hey, just a couple questions about this new recipe im trying; Saki. It's a very untraditional recipe that ive patched together from real recipes that could not be utilized with ez caps. I cooked some rice enough to mash it up, coursely.(definite grain structure intact but broken) while cooking i added sugar, because... well it was a whim. i smooshed it into the bottle and then added A little grape juice, honey, a teaspoon of red wine vinigar for acidity(this could be a mistake) Chopped raisins and then topped off the bottle to 90% with water(bottled).Its in day 3 and has turned from a transparent purple to an almost opaque tan. I dont actually have any formal questions. i am more or less am looking for insight, as to what you guys think will come out of the bottle in a week, give or take? Ive been hoping for either saki or a new form of combustable fuel. in any case ill let everyone know how it worked out!Yahoo! for GoodClick here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.ORGINAL POSTER: patrick