EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Maple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good to hear of your success! As a general rule, anything with a sugarcontent can be brewed. As anyone who has made mead (honey wine) willtell you, some sugars brew easier than others. My guess is that thesyrup or sap will brew, but you will most likely need to add some othersugar, as well as some other yeast nutrients to get it to brew. Iexpect it will take some more time that the cider as well.When brewing, cider is almost the perfect environment for growingyeast. Lots of sugar, and lots of nutrients for the yeasty-beasties touse to multiply. Straight honey (and probably syrup or sap) is lackinin these natural nutrients, so fermentation will occur more slowly. Ifyou will be using "store bought" ingredients, make sure there are nopreservatives or sulfates or sulfites. These will retard the growth ofyeast, and stop or at least inhibit your fermentation.Good luck, and please post your process and results when you get done!--- "huknbuk" wrote:>> Hi, I just finished my first batch of cider, and it is> delicious...alarmingly so. I am thinking of different ideas. Has> anyone ever tried or heard of using either maple syrup or sap?>ORGINAL POSTER: willum