EZ Caps

Full Version: RE: Cranberry and sake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Patrick Tan wrote:> To retain sweetness, you have to use maltodextrine as it is not 100%> fermentable, sweetness will be apparent. Regular sugar ferments out> completely and only raises the alcohol content.>> */Craig /* wrote:>> I've read about people who have had good outcomes with cranberry> juice.> I used cranberry cocktail juice with 27% cranberry. I added 1 c.> sugar> and, of course, yeast. The results were a bit sour tasting. does> anyone have some suggestions or recopies. I know I could add some> sugar after fermentation and am planning on doing it with a bottle> that is maturing today.>> Oh and that sake was awesome !(whether it was actual sake or not.)> only thing I would do next time is use all grape juice instead of> water and a little juice.(or grape concentrate and water)The> recipie I> used is back a few posts if you'd like to try it! The vinegar didn't> seem to have any adverse effects, but if you left it out it would> probably be for the better.>>Any artificial sweetener, and the herbal sugar alternative stevia, canbe added to a finished brew to add sweetness without altering youralcohol content. None of them feed yeast.However, they will change the flavor and not always in a good way, IMO.I haven't actually tried the stevia yet, but I don't like the flavors ofthe others at all. A lot of people seem to not mind the flavor though.So, it's really personal taste and what you're willing to experimentwith in your brewing. That's the nice thing about brewing 2 litres at atime, instead of 5 gallons. :-DIt's a lot less lost if the experiment is a bust.----------I have some liquid stevia that I'll be trying out with my mead. As I'm doing abatch of Sack, it won't be done for a while but I'll post up on it when it is.SmileORGINAL POSTER: erik