EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Ginger Apple Spice Wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This stuff is delicious after 10 days! The ginger taste is prettystrong, though, so if you don't love ginger, you may want to put in alittle less than the 1.5 cups.Thanks!--- "Underground" wrote:>> This is my first recipe. I also am trying a pomegranate apple cider> (ask if you want the recipe for that though it's essentially the same> as another cider recipe but with half sugar/ half honey).>> Ginger Apple Spice Wine> 4 cups water> apple juice> 1.5 cups ginger> 2 T lemon zest> 1 pinch American saffron> ½ t cinnamon> ½ t clove powder> ½ t nutmeg> ¼ t lemon juice> 2 cups sugar> 1/8 tsp EZ cap yeast> Directions: peel ginger (duh!); cut ginger into medallions then chop> lengthwise 2-3 times (`til you have strips that are just large enough> not to go down your funnel when you need to pour the mix into your> soda bottle); toss ginger strips into the 4 cups boiling water in a> pot on the stove; turn heat down to medium; add lemon zest, saffron,> cinnamon, clove, nutmeg; simmer for 40 minutes; add lemon juice and ½> of your sugar (1 cup); stir vigorously and remove from heat; stir> mixture every few minutes for about 15 minutes when it is still warm> but you aren't worried about your plastic soda bottle melting; pour> OTHER half of sugar (1 cup) into soda bottle; strain mixture on stove> and pour mixture into soda bottle; Shake it up until very little sugar> mixture left at bottom of bottle when you turn it over and look. Add> yeast, turn over bottle several times to disperse yeast. Put on EZ> cap. Wait impatiently.>> This stuff smells really good and tastes nice, too. I think it's a> good mixture. If it ends up being terrible, I'm blaming my> inexperience as a master of fermentation. haha.>> Thanks!> Desmond>ORGINAL POSTER: underground