EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] (unknown)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
J COULING wrote: Alright lads,im new to the EZ cap brewing and i'd like to know if anyone can tell me how to measure a ""cup"" of sugar? and how much is a 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar? a 'cup' aint a cup unless you know what a 'cup'is, also how do you get an 1/8th of a teaspoon of yeast! that is so hard to work out,i aint got a clue how to measure these important factors without scales on the initial brews,can anyone give me their views on these points? can anyone tell me their weights of stuff like yeast and sugar?,cheers chaps.from James.EnglandA cup is 8 ounces. So a 1/2 cup is 4 ounces, and 3/4 is 6 ounces.If you are totally without measuring equipment the average man's handholds approximately half of a cup = 4ounces. IIRCAs for the yeast, I usually just use about 1/4 to 1/2 a packet of dryyeast.Not sure about liquid yeasts, as I haven't used any yet. :-)The amount/weight of the yeast and sugar kind of depends on what youspecifically want to brew as well.HTHmoiraNo virus found in this outgoing message.Checked by AVG Free Edition.Version: 7.1.362 / Virus Database: 267.13.8/183 - Release Date: 11/25/2005ORGINAL POSTER: moira