EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] (unknown)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
James, here's an easy way to do it. A "cup" is something a man wears whileplaying soccer, or what you might call "football". I don't suggest measuringanything in one. They have a tendency to leak.A "teaspoon" in the American idiom is an old-timey way of saying "coffeespoon".The only Americans that drink tea are Grandmothers and pretentious fops who onlydrink tea if it has a name like Rooibos or Chai. Of course, those samepretentious fops only drink coffee if it has a name like Maple CaramelVanillacinno Frappe. But, I digress.An American cup(8 oz.) is about 240ml, 3/4 cup =80ml, 1/2cup= 120ml. And and1/8tsp of dry yeast is around .625ml.Good thing I served in Iraq with some of your boys or else I never would havelearned the metric system. I also would never have learned what a lorrie was.MarkFrom: J COULING Date: Sun Nov 27 17:26:13 CST 2005To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.comSubject: [E-Z-Caps] (unknown)Alright lads,im new to the EZ cap brewing and i'd liketo know if anyone can tell me how to measure a "cup"of sugar? and how much is a 1/2 to 3/4 cup of sugar? a'cup' aint a cup unless you know what a 'cup'is, alsohow do you get an 1/8th of a teaspoon of yeast! thatis so hard to work out,i aint got a clue how tomeasure these important factors without scales on theinitial brews,can anyone give me their views on thesepoints? can anyone tell me their weights of stuff likeyeast and sugar?,cheers chaps.from James.EnglandYahoo! Groups LinksORGINAL POSTER: mdenuzzio