EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Adding Sugar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, the yeast will die when either the sugar supply is depleted(starvation) or the alcohol level gets so high the yeast poisons itself.Your plan should work, so long as the yeast is dead. If not,fermentation may begin again. Although I don't do it myself, some peopleuse a campden tablet when they want to kill the yeast. You can get them inhome brew stores.At 09:34 PM 12/7/2005 +0000, you wrote:>I am in the habit of adding 1/2 cup cane sugar to my juices when I mix>them for brewing. The idea is to end up with a sweeter drink with a>higher alcohol content.>>If I skip adding the sugar at the beginning and just start with the>juice and yeast, will the yeast "die of starvation" for lack of sugar>to eat after a period of time, or will the yeast stay alive after all>the sugar has been converted to alcohol and CO2?>>What I'm want to do is brew a batch or 2 that I can sweeten to taste>AFTER the yeast is all done, without having to worry about fermentation>restarting if my drink warms back up.>>Will it work?>>Willum>>>>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve