EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Not a dumb question I hope!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The chemicals you can add are Sulfites. Sodium metabisulfite is one,but beware; some people are alergic to sulfites. Sulfites are addedto almost all commercial wines. That's one of the advantages of homewinemaking; you don't have to add chemicals you don't want to yourbeverages. There are many articles on the web about stoppingfermentation. Search and learn, then choose!Enjoy!Willum--- Shannon O'Neil wrote:>> I put mine in beer bottles. You gotta make sure it's> pretty much done fermenting though cuz it could pop> the top off your bottle if you keep it out of the> fridge. Big sticky mess! I have tons of beer bottles> and caps and such cuz I brew beer too. The problem> with letting your wine sit outside the fridge is there> may be some residual yeast that can continue to> ferment and make it taste sour. The cold of the> fridge will deactivate the yeast. You can add some> chemical, can't remember what it is, which stops> fermentation at the point you want. Someone will be> able to tell you. Good luck>>>> --- Tom wrote:>> > After I let the wine clear do I still need to keep> > in the frig? I put> > it in canning jars after it is done fermenting.> > Thanks Group!!!!> > Tom> >> >> >> >>>> __________________________________________________> Do You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around> http://mail.yahoo.com>ORGINAL POSTER: willum