EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] dandilion wine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a theoretical EZ Cap Dandelion wine recipe (i.e., Ihaven't tried to make dandelion wine with EZ Caps but if I did, this wouldbe the first recipe I would try) . Dandelion wine will require yeastnutrient. If you don't have any you can ferment a batch of apple cider andimmediately use the sludge on the bottom (leftover from fermentation afterclarified in fridge). Use all of it.To make EZ Cap dandelion wine i would recommend getting 1/2 gallon ofdandelion flowers (just the petal portion, no greenery) per 2 liter EZCapped wine you intend to make. Yes, that's a lot of picking but you willneed that many. Wash/rinse flowers then boil slightly more than a 1/2gallon of water and add the flowers. Turn off the heat, cover, and let itsit for 3 days. Strain well. Add 1.5 pounds of sugar and the juice from 1large lemon and 1 orange. Add yeast and yeast nutrient. Place in EZ Cappedbottle and ferment for 3 weeks. Strain, allow to sit overnight and placeinto clean EZ Capped bottle and leave it until fermentation ends. Place infridge to clear. For best flavor age 6-12 months if you can wait that long.At 10:57 PM 5/14/2006 +0000, you wrote:>does anyone know how to make it and if so will it work with ez caps, im>short on fruit trees and long on weeds. also any other flower wines, i>have only made using juicy juice and my father-in law (a critic about>life and all other things) said "I would drink that" The juice is all>juice and lots of flavors.ORGINAL POSTER: steve