EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Making mash?....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sometimes use my ez caps bottles to make starterswhen I brew five gallon batches of beer, they workvery well! Use boiled cooled water, however muchyeast you plan to add and DO NOT FORGET the SUGAR. Ifthe yeast has nothing to eat it will not activate. Iuse about a cup of dry malt extract and a pint ofwater for a five gallon batch of beer. for 2 litersof ez caps wine, I use 1/8 teaspoon of ezcaps yeast ordried champagne yeast, 1/8 cup of corn sugar (get itfrom your brew supply store, they sell it forcarbonation priming sugar) and a cup of water. Put itin a sanitized 20 oz soda bottle and cap it with an ezcap. Let it sit for at least 24 hours at room temp.I've also found that the same corn sugar works betterfor making a drier, tastier grape ez cap wine. 4.5 ozper 2 liter batch.--- Patrick Tan wrote:> You are referring to what is commonly known as Yeast> Starter.> Yes, you may do this which will kick start the> fermentation as well as check if your yeast actually> still good for use. Imagine preparing all your> ingredients and pitching yeast that are "dead"??>> Dee and Ken wrote:> Would making a mash of yeast and warm water help> to kick start the> fermentation process when added to the brew? Any pro> or cons to this?> Thanks.>> Ken>>>>>>> SPONSORED LINKS> Winemaking supplies Winemaking kits> Winemaking equipment Cap Wine and spirits>> ---------------------------------> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS>>> Visit your group "E-Z-Caps" on the web.>> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email> to:> E-Z-Caps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the> Yahoo! Terms of Service.>>> --------------------------------->>>>>> ---------------------------------> Blab-away for as little as 1ยข/min. Make PC-to-Phone> Calls using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.__________________________________________________Do You Yahoo!?Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection aroundhttp://mail.yahoo.comORGINAL POSTER: shannon