EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Help with cran-rasberry brew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It may be done for it's primary fermentation if it has run thatlong. I wouldn't recommend setting them outside, the yeast like afairly consistant temperature, and 70 F is just fine. Getting verywarm (like upper 80's) might actually slow the yeast down. You mighttry the "release pressure and shake" test (see previous post) and seehow that does.The only other thing I can think of is if the bottle is very full ofjuice and there isnt much airspace, that might make it tough to havea large enough yeast colony to brew as fast as we are used to seeing.Enjoy!--- Dee N Ken Shupinski wrote:>> It will be 2 weeks on Thursday. I would say 70 degrees untilSaturday when I put my brews outside. It's been in the mid to upper80's and gone down to around 70's at night time.>> Willum wrote: How long did you let it brew, andat about what temp?>>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, leroy hamann wrote:> >> > Is it making pressure, if so then leave it alone, if notsomething> is wrong i added a whole cup sugar but it seemed to make more of a> mess as it never stopped fermenting and tasted really strong ofyeast> when done.i tryed thinning it down while it was fermenting and that> only made it worse it should be okay the way it is. Let me know.> >> > Dee and Ken wrote: I made cran ras with 1/2 cup> sugar and 1/8 yeast. I don't see much> > action going on the surface with the foam at all. I only put the> 1/2> > sugar in because my wife didn't want it strong. Is this ok or> should I> > add something more to it like more sugar or and or yeast? Thanks.> >> > Ken> >> >> >> >> >> > SPONSORED LINKS> > Winemaking supplies Winemaking kits Winemaking> equipment Cap Wine and spirits> >> > ---------------------------------> > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS> >> >> > Visit your group "E-Z-Caps" on the web.> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> > E-Z-Caps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com> >> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of> Service.> >> >> > ---------------------------------> >> >> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------> > Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls with Yahoo!Messenger> with Voice.> >>>>>>>>> SPONSORED LINKS> Winemaking supplies Winemaking kits Winemakingequipment Cap Wine and spirits>> ---------------------------------ORGINAL POSTER: willum