EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: No foam?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All 4 but 1 repressurized fast except for the lemonade brew. It tooka bit to get pressurized again. What is the trick to making alholicdrinks with citrus based juices?--- "Willum" wrote:>> It sounds like you are fine so far. the only other test i canthink> of is to open the bottles up to relieve existing pressure, tighten> them down again, then shake then up good and hard. If thepressure> comes back within a few hours, then everything is still fine.> Hopefully the acid isnt too high, especially in the tea and> lemonade. Enjoy!>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, Dee N Ken Shupinski > wrote:> >> > I made cran ras with 1/2 cup sugar and 1/8 yeast,> > apple cider with 1 cup sugar and 1/8 yeast, and hard ice teawith 1> > cup sugar and 1/8 yeast. I also made grape with 1 cup sugar and1/8> tsp yeast, and pink lemonade with 1 cup sugar with 1/8 tsp yeast.> >> > Willum wrote: How much sugar did you add to how> much juice, and about how many days> > have they been brewing? From what I've seen, you may not see> a "lot"> > of foam. The pressure in the bottle tends to keep the foam to a> > minimum. The fizz you're seeing is one of the indications thatit> is> > working. Pressure in the bottles is another indicator. Itsounds> like> > you are right on track.> >> > Enjoy!> >> >> > --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Dee and Ken" wrote:> > >> > > I have 5 bottles fermenting. None of them has gotten alot offoam> in> > > them on the surface. Is this good or bad or what? I haveopened a> > > couple and sure do have alot of fizz to em. I do not have alotof> > > sediment either on the bottom, very little.> > >> > > Ken> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > SPONSORED LINKS> > Winemaking supplies Winemaking kits Winemaking> equipment Cap Wine and spirits> >> > ---------------------------------> > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS> >> >> > Visit your group "E-Z-Caps" on the web.> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> > E-Z-Caps-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com> >> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of> Service.> >> >> > ---------------------------------> >> >> >> >> >> &gORGINAL POSTER: dee