EZ Caps

Full Version: RE: [E-Z-Caps] My hard ice tea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had excellent luck with hard ice tea using already sweetened iced tea(which I make myself using 1 1/2 cups of sugar to a gallon of very strongtea). I add 1 cup of sugar to the 2-liter bottle along with about a half cupof apple juice (for added nutrients) then top off with my home made tea. IFerment the concoction for 2 weeks. I end up with a high alcohol content teathat is still quite sweet and flavorful. I start with a pretty strong tea,not the store bought stuff that tends to be rather weak. Trying the samething with a store bought sweet tea ended up in a water-alcohol tastingmixture that didn't retain the tea flavor much.I also add lemon juice after fermentation is complete, for added flavor.One last thing. I ALWAYS use purified bottled water (59 cents a gallon atWalmart. 1 Gal makes 2 2-liter batches) for any E-Z cap recipe I make. Tapwater can ruin even the best recipe depending on your local water situation.As for the foam question, you probably won't get much in tea (I don't) butrest assured it ferments just fine, particularly if you add nutrients likeapple juice. Give the bottle a few easy shakes and watch the fizz come outof the slit in the E-Z cap if you question whether fermentation ishappening. 15 days should be plenty sufficient.-----Original Message-----From: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com [mailto:E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf Dee and KenSent: Friday, June 02, 2006 6:52 AMTo: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.comSubject: [E-Z-Caps] My hard ice teaAfter leaving my tea outside and shaking it up a bit I got a decentamount of foam going on the surface. It has been 15 days since Istarted it. Should I let it keep going? If so for how long?KenYahoo! Groups LinksORGINAL POSTER: justforfun69