EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: My hard ice tea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In general, the longer you let things brew, the more alcohol you get,up to a point. Depending on the strain of yeast, you'll get somewherebetween 4 to 21 % alcohol by volume. I think the yeast most of us areworking with maxes out about 15%. Also, most yeast is done all it'sgoing to do in about 4 weeks time. Beyond that, you aren't brewing somuch as clearing, settling, and aging. That's one of the nice thingsabout these "bottle cap" brewing systems; short brewing times andmultiple batches make it easy for you to experiment around and find outjust what combination of juices, time and sweetening make the brewthat's right for you.My best suggestion is this: Make notes. If you make somethingexceptionally tasty, you can go back to your notes and try to repeatthe process. If something turns out bad, you might be able see wherethings went wrong. Have fun and Enjoy!--- "Dee and Ken" wrote:>> After leaving my tea outside and shaking it up a bit I got a decent> amount of foam going on the surface. It has been 15 days since I> started it. Should I let it keep going? If so for how long?>> Ken>ORGINAL POSTER: willum